I decided to tackle the overflowing scrap bin and it has taken me longer than I anticipated. I swear, every time I’d grab a handful of fabric from it, it would get bigger. I guess it was so compacted that i didn’t realize how much was actually in it.

This is what I’m working with….

What a mess, huh? So, I’m going to give myself a couple of more days to work on this. I’m almost there.

I would like to share something I’ve been working on with you. I began working at the LQS and was asked to make a sample for an applique class I might be teaching in April. I came up with a cute little design for a wall hanging. I used “It’s a Hoot” charm pack for this and a linen looking background. I seem to have a thing for turquoise lately.

I’ve never had to do something like this before and I didn’t want to disappoint and I think that’s when things start to go wrong. I didn’t trust my instincts that I’m good at this and was forcing my process.

It’s definitely not my best work and had many “issues”.  I’m not a quitter though. I know that my next project will be better and I’ll find my confidence.  I’m working on a cute bug quilt for a store sample that I hope to show ya’ll later this week.

I’m very excited to be a part of a team again!