So I know you’re wondering what prettiness I came up with for my 2nd border. Well…I wanted to do 2 rows of clamshells for my curves but once again I became distracted and time got away from me. So I put my medallion on the design board and walked away. Then I would walk back again, audition a few things, then walk away again. Only to do this, what seemed like a few thousands times, and end up with one row of clamshells which inevitably ended up looking like a scrappy scalloped border lol. Whew. All that to end up with scallops!!
Curves ✔️ Carnation Pink ✔️
Anyway, the end result is still fabulous in my eyes and that’s all that counts. This challenge, even though it’s time consuming, is sparking a bit of creativity in me. I knew when I started it, that I wanted scrappy, embroidery, beautifulness. And so far I think I’ve achieved my vision.
Like everything else I design, I kinda fly by the seat of my pants at first and my ‘scallops’ didn’t end up meeting where I wanted in the corners. But I’m not gonna fret. Embellishments can fix that! I have cute buttons to add as a ‘distraction‘ after the quilting is complete. Do not add embellishments like buttons and sequins before sending to the quilter. That’s a big no-no!!
And obviously I’m taking my sweet ass time on the embroidery work…I’ve still only finished the two corners. Time seems to escape me these days, between family, the guild commitments, SewMod, and all of the wonderful opportunities so far this year. I wish I could clone myself!
March’s task is dresdens and the color is red. Dresden blocks are a plenty! If you Google dresden quilt block you will find so many creative ways to make one. I’m looking forward to this one for sure!